Re: TS Elections - An Excerpt

Feb 02, 1997 04:23 PM
by M K Ramadoss

At 06:39 PM 2/2/97 -0500, you wrote:
>----------
>> From: M K Ramadoss <ramadoss@eden.com>
>>
>>E. Wood:
>> Thus the election which ought to have been a courtly record of policy and
>> opinion - a manifestation of brotherhood in a society established "to form a
>> nucleus of the universal brotherhood of humanity" - degenerated into
>> something worse than any political election I have ever known. Alas, that
>> every experiment in brotherhood should fail, on reaching a modicum of
>> material prosperity.
>>
>It seems that Arundale wanted to be the head of TS so badly, wanted and
>desired it so much, that he decided it was worth any action or tactic on
>his part, as long as he got to the top.
>
>This is what every soap opera is made of - people who want desire
>a person, a thing, a position so much that they will stoop to anything to
>get it.  Essentially, Wood was saying that TS had turned into a soap opera.
>
>-AEB

There was much more than Arundale's aspiration at stake.

When AB died, very soon CWL also died.
On the ES side, from AB the ES leadership was passed on to CJ.

If Wood was elected there would have been serious problems with membership
because of the reputation of Wood and his unquestionable integrity and his
policy of keeping TS administrative matters outside that of ES.

When all else seems to fail, they will bring in the "Master's" wishes and
every one in the Sheep group will fall in line and that is what happened.

Wood was, from then on an outcast as far as the establishment was concerned.
He moved to the USA and from what I understand, TSA would not even sponsor
him as a lecturer. This is not an unusual pattern and you may have seen it
repeated, when someone not supported from within challenges the supported
candidate for an elected office, especially the highest one.

Wood settled down in Houston and died I believe sometime in 1950. Very few
in Houston at that time knew his real background.

..MKR