The other side of the coin

Jan 30, 1997 05:50 PM
by Mark Kusek

Tom wrote:

>Assuming they are not separate entities, this relates in an interesting
>way to how dogma and authority are considered to be evil. How could one
>who is not aware of one's monad become aware of it without trusting someone
>else as an authority? No effort to try to be aware of it would or even
>could be made without faith in others who say it exists.

Another way to think about this is to mull over the blessed fact that
when people (like Buddha or Jesus) experienced this union their reaction
was to get up on their feet and with love tell humanity about it, rather
than just stay absorbed in it and "to hell with the rest of us".

The most amazing fact to me IS their compassion.
Without their loving effort where would we be?

Mark
--------
WITHOUT WALLS: An Internet Art Space
http://www.withoutwalls.com