Karma & Reality (to Tom)

Jan 29, 1997 04:44 PM
by Jerry Schueler

Tom:
> Is "overlapping of Not-I's" different from objective reality?  I can
>see how perceptions of different subjects overlap due to their both
>perceiving the same reality.
	Yes, it is different.  Objective reality is the Not-I, virtually
everything that exists that you identitify yourself with.  If
you identify yourself with your physical body, than that is part of
your I.  If not, then it is part of your Not-I.  Overlapping Not-I's are
the agreements or shared experiences that we all have in this
life-wave.  I call them signposts, because these are the things
that we all can generally agree exist.  This is real easy on the
phsycial plane, where our physical sense are pretty much in
agreement.  But on the inner planes, overlapping is less and less,
and signposts become very important.  My Not-I is not your Not-I.

>Was this agreement made consciously?  Are you saying that you believe
>that the laws of, say, karma and gravity could have been different if
>we had decided to make them different?
	Unconsciously, as we use the terms, because it takes
place above or outside the human ego.  Yes, karma and gravity
work differently on the other Globes of our chain, because our
agreements are different there.  But, in a sense, the karma of
any one Globe depends on the karma carried over from its past
imbodiment, because planets reimbody much like we do.  The
wheels-within-wheels of this whole devilishly clever scheme that
HPB gave us are truly awesome.

Jerry S.
Member, TI