The Ocean of Light Thought Experiment

Jan 28, 1997 01:53 PM
by Joseph K PricE

Message text written by INTERNET:jansheph@connect.reach.net
>A Scientific Thought Experiment:
Awareness of the Ocean of Light
=======================

 (1) Go outdoors under the night sky - preferably away
     from the city lights - and observe the stars.

 (2) Select any one star upon which to focus your attention.

 (3) Observe and then determine the nature of this
     star_light_energy and you will have to agree that:

     (a) It is much like an incredibly high-speed river of light,
     (b) It would appear to be continuously flowing.

 (4) Move the location of your eye_socket and repeat (3).

 (5) It would be apparent that this hight_speed river of
     star_light is existent in this changed location also.

 (6) By a process of mathematical integration, or a simple
     process of imagination, it may be easily determined that
     this observation (3) is repeatable at *ALL POINTS* in the
     known cosmos, and that what we perceive as a continuous
     stream of star_light is actually a spherical stream with
     the center based on its source - that specific star.

 (7) Thus through and at all points in the cosmos there exists
     a high speed continuous and river_like flux of star_light
     from this one litlle old star.

 (8) Multiple this observation by the existence of a billion
     billion suns

 (9) Multiple the resultant again by a factor representative
     of the amount of energy we perceive with our eyes (ie: the
     frequencies of the 'visible' EMR spectrum) compared
     to the energy being spherically transmitted at all
     frequencies of the EMR spectrum.

(10) Rather than the classical vacuous spaces of interplanetary,
     interstellar or intergallactic realms, in fact the cosmos
     is filled by an ocean of light (EMR) fed by the tributary
     streams of the stars and their galactic hubs.

(11) This 'field of pure energy' is the substrate of the cosmos
     and is easily seen to resemble an ocean which continuously
     breaks upon the shores of our remote terrestrial island.

(12) Deny this if you are able - commentary welcomed.
     Re-post this experiment to other venues if you see fit.
     Both the educated and the uneducated alike may profit.

Pete Brown
Mountain Man Graphics, Australia
Publications of Peace & Of Great Souls
http://www.magna.com.au/~prfbrown/

Keith:  This experiment is interesting to me because it points up the
dependence of our sensing space and time from a point --  the point of the
current isolated ego.

The universe is probably an ocean of energy. mind and spirit  i.e light in
extension, but our current level of evolution of our humanity creates a
model of the universe that is an illusion to other more evolved entitites
that may be able to see the other dimensions of the universe from a higher
perspective

These beings may be called angels, masters, etc.  The fact that we can
imagine there perspective through philosophical and imaginitive speculation
gives us hope that we are progressing toward their perspective.

Thanks for the post Pete