Re: Global Spirituality Report - an internet publication

Jan 27, 1997 01:38 PM
by Einar Adalsteinsson & ASB

Dear Theos-L members.

I would like to introduce a brand new e-mail
publication that might interest some of you.

I will just relay some excerpts from its first issue
so that you can decide whether you should join.
It is free of charge and hopefully a carrier of free
thought as well.

I Hope that you will like it.

Einar.
----------

T H E     G L O B A L     S P I R I T U A L I T Y     R E P O R T
Sender: owner-gsr-l@epinet.co.uk

Jointly published by
United Communities of Spirit, http://www.silcom.com/~origin/ucs.html
The Isbourne Foundation, http://www.isbourne.org/

Volume 1, No. 1, Monday, January 27, 1997
Inaugural Issue

* Welcome to the Global Spirituality Report
* Our Cause
* Submissions and Subscriptions

-----SNIPS-----------

WELCOME TO THE GLOBAL SPIRITUALITY REPORT

....... the GSR is not a "discussion forum", in that subscribers
cannot post directly to the list.  Instead, it is a "moderated mailing
list", and only the Editor can post messages.  But this doesn't mean we
don't want to hear from you.  In fact, your participation and involvement
is essential to the success and value of this network.
Our fundamental concern here is the "global network of light" -- the
expanding web of connections and relationships and philosophies and
projects that all seem to be working together, across the Internet and in
the "real world".  We want to find ways to accelerate the growth of this
network, and to assist in gathering its resources together, helping to
create a "global federation of light", so to speak.
Millions of spiritual people, from all kinds of religious and philosophic
traditions, have some vision of a spiritual world, of a way our global
civilization could become more spiritual, more truly loving, more honest
and honorable, more deeply beautiful.  There are as many such visions as
there are religions, and they tend to overlap and sometimes compete
against one another.

Our objective is to find ways that these separate groups can learn to work
together to achieve their common objectives.  To us, it seems obvious that
this kind of cooperation empowers the vision of each group.  Thus --
whether you are a Muslim or a Buddhist or a Christian or a New Ager or a
Wiccan -- if you believe that human beings must learn to love one another,
and live within the healing power of divine grace, it seems to us that you
are also a member of a larger communion, a kind of "universal church o f
all humanity", which accepts all loving and honest people from every
religion.
The GSR is a brand-new project, and is still somewhat experimental.  We
are still defining our agenda and mission, and the exact format for our
publication.  How long should it be?  What "departments" should we
include?  What exactly are we trying to accomplish?  .........

Christians, Buddhists, Muslims, Jews, Hindus, Bahais, Zoroastrians -- and
New Agers and esotericists and scholars and members of all religious and
spiritual groups -- can exchange their ideas and visions for building a
better world through the simple format of our GSR newsletter.
SUBMISSIONS AND SUBSCRIPTIONS

Many of our GSR subscribers are writers and web developers, or are
developing spiritual and religious projects in their home communities.
We'd like to hear from you, and know something about your work, what you
find exciting, and how you feel we can work together to further our own
spiritual growth, and empower the flow of Spirit across the planet.
Any submissions sent by "reply" to GSR-L will be relayed to the Editor,
who will review them and possibly discuss them with others on the
editorial team.

For help with your GSR-L subscription, send the command (one line email
message with no subject) HELP to MAJORDOMO@epinet.co.uk  To subscribe,
send the command SUBSCRIBE GSR-L