Re: Simple Language - Low Fog Index

Jan 27, 1997 05:20 AM
by M K Ramadoss

At 09:33 PM 1/26/97 -0500, you wrote:
>----------
>> From: M K Ramadoss <ramadoss@eden.com>
>> >Dear Ann:
>> >   This issue of the three leg approach of TS - TS/ES, LCC, Co-Mason is an
>> >interesting stuff. George Arundale was made a Bishop and was addressed as
>> >Bishop Arundale and there was a very interesting episode involving K which
>> >ended Arundale calling himself with his LCC title. One of these days I will
>> >post it.
>> >
>> >   Another issue of current interest is, right now some lawyers and
>> >accountants are salivating and some are already lining their pockets with
>> >the on going litigation in Denver in which some of the well known members of
>> >TSA are involved as plaintiffs -- some names *all* would recognize. Money
>> >donated for charitable purposes being squandered to line the pockets of
>> >lawyers. Does is sound a familiar re-run?
>> >
>> >        ...MKR
>>
>>    I forgot to mention that the above litigation is in Co-Masonry between
>> the Paris faction and the US Organization.
>>
>Are they still going at that?!
>
>Someone connected with the ES/TS,LCC and Co-Masons once told me
>that belonging to all three was THE PATH.  He was encouraging/pestering me
to join all
>three.

        Let me add to what I have already said. All the three can help an
individual in self improvement; but it is something that one should be
comfortable with and may be irrevocable.

        I have very good friends who are in one or more of the three. But,
one of the things that appeals to a lot people is this idea of graded
progress along with open recognition. For example in Masonry there are 33
degrees. One may like to work to reach the 33 degree and may feel good that
he/she is 33 while there are many in lower degrees. In LCC we have the
Bishop and down to the lay member. A lay member may feel good when he/she is
made the Bishop or even the Pope of the World. If that is what one wants,
then they should go for it. Again when you reach the top, you have the
administrative power and discretion to reward or punish those in lower
levels  by either awarding a higher recognition or withholding it and
sometimes throwing you out. It is human nature to use these kinds of power.

        But I guarantee you that once you are in all the three, you will not
be posting here as open and as free as you are now. The threat of
ex-communication or some other punishment is always there and is a powerful
tool traditionally and routinely used either overtly or covertly to keep
people in line, especially when you are working to reach the top level.

My 2 cents worth. I may be wrong. You are the best judge.

MKR