Re: The condition of TS in 1925 (Part 1 of 3)

Jan 26, 1997 03:23 PM
by Ann E. Bermingham

----------
> From: Drpsionic@aol.com
>
> Doss,
> Thanks for posting this stuff.  I once wrote that 1925 was the year the TS
> went berserk and for those lucky enough to have access to them, they should
> look at the Adyar Theosophist issues for that year.
>
> The one incident that always strikes me was at the Star camp at Ommen when
> Rukmini got up and said that she spoke as an Arhat--and nobody laughed at
> her!  The mass of imbeciles and assorted morons that seemed to make up the
> bulk of membership at that time must have believed her, otherwise how could
> they have tolerated such a ridiculous statement?

 ar·hat (är¹het) noun
Buddhism.
One who has attained enlightenment.
[Sanskrit, from present participle of arhati, he deserves.]
— ar¹hat·ship´ noun

Mighty big shoes to fill!

 > The year 1925 was the point where behavior deserving only of ridicule was
> treated with reverence.   Gad!  I wish I had been there!

Me too.  I told my husband I wish I could step into a time machine and
really see what it was like first-hand.

-AEB