Re: Simple Language - Low Fog Index

Jan 26, 1997 10:58 AM
by M K Ramadoss

At 01:05 PM 1/26/97 -0500, you wrote:
>----------
>> From: m.k. ramadoss <ramadoss@eden.com>
>> > I agree that we want to keep our language clear, lucid, and not
>> > unnecessarily buried in arcane terminology. On the other hand,
>> > I wouldn't rope off the depths of the ocean and say that there
>> > should only be wading in the shallow waters.
>> >
>> > -- Eldon
>> >
>> I see your point. Should we set up multiple theos-ls catering to
>> different fog levels. Just an idea.
>
>Theos-fog?  Theos-smart?  Theos-dumb?  Theos-101?
>

>> There is yet another problem which needs to be addressed. I would preface
>> it to say I do not have a solution.
>>
>> The problem is how to make Theosophy reach the masses, especially the
>> less intelligent, less educated person. It would be a very valuable
>> statistical information to find out the distribution of TS members by
>> various categories such as age, sex, ethnic background, religious
>> background, education, profession, etc. I know of no such study so far.
>> If this kind of information is available, then TS can think of how to
>> reach the various under represented segments of the population. May be
>> such an effort may be the salvation of TS in the 21st century.
>>
>> Any one has any ideas?
>>
>When I started out reading material that was beyond what was taught in my
>Roman Catholic belief system, I took out Edgar Cayce books from the
>library.  They were hardbacks that were donated by study groups.
>I seriously doubt that I would have been interested in anything like
>the intellectual level of the former Quest - I was only 21 and from
>a limited educational background.
>
>BTW, thanks again, Doss, for posting the article on TS in 1925.
>I've been a member of the LCC since 1971 and never heard of
>this history.  But, perhaps, they never really wanted most people
>to hear about it.  It's pretty hairy stuff that reads like a fantasy
>to me - yet I wonder what percentage of it may possibly be
>true.
>
>-AEB

Dear Ann:

   So far I have not seen anyone disputing what Wood had stated. He was a
very honorable and credible person.

   This issue of the three leg approach of TS - TS/ES, LCC, Co-Mason is an
interesting stuff. George Arundale was made a Bishop and was addressed as
Bishop Arundale and there was a very interesting episode involving K which
ended Arundale calling himself with his LCC title. One of these days I will
post it.

   Another issue of current interest is, right now some lawyers and
accountants are salivating and some are already lining their pockets with
the on going litigation in Denver in which some of the well known members of
TSA are involved as plaintiffs -- some names *all* would recognize. Money
donated for charitable purposes being squandered to line the pockets of
lawyers. Does is sound a familiar re-run?

        ...MKR