Re: Shut down of ES by Annie Besant

Jan 26, 1997 10:42 AM
by M K Ramadoss

At 01:04 PM 1/26/97 -0500, you wrote:
>----------
>> From: M K Ramadoss <ramadoss@eden.com>
>>
>> "Krishnaji says, 'There is no God other than as manifest in man.' And we
>> say, 'You are wrong.  There is a God: we pray to Him, we know Him, we build
>> altars for His worship and He blesses those altars.'
>>
>> "Krishnaji says: 'No ceremonies are necessary for spiritual attainment.  If
>> your desire is for the mountain-top I will show you the shortest way.
>> Come.' And we reply, 'The direct path is for you, the ceremonial path is for
>> us.  Besides, the world needs our ceremonies which generate force for its
>> assistance.  Your way is too simple and too difficult."'
>>
>Thanks, Doss, for posting these most interesting articles on Krishnamurti.
>
>I would like to ask what exactly was the "shortest way" that he was
>referring to?  As he had denounced ceremonials, secret societies and
>organizations, what was his vehicle for bringing enlightenment to all?
>
>-AEB

      Ann: Glad that you got something out of the post. I think he is
referring to the idea of Master and Desciple and how one can shorten the
time for one's liberation by taking the hard but short cut. As you can see
in K's statement when he dissolved the Order of Star (which I just posted)
he says that no organized form of approach is going to help. I don't think
he has a vehicle for enlightenment and asks each one of us to discover it
ourself. I am not an expert on K, just a novice's view.

        BTW, I got introduced to K when I went to the Annual Convention at
Adyar and K was speaking across the river. Sri Ram who was the International
President at that time, one of the nicest persons who was also very low key,
scheduled the agenda of the TS Convention program so that it does not
conflict with K's lecture schedule. I am very thankful for it.

        Couple of practical items I picked up from K's books and videos. One
is practical application of dealing with everyone as a human being -- no
matter what their occupation or achievements or failures are. The second is
the need to be pro active and deal with things now. Third is to keep a low
profile. Fourth is to speak up or act when needed without any fear
distorting our actions. No abstract stuff. Just plain down to earth. All
these have helped me a lot in my every day dealings with others.

mkr