Re: TS Membership Drop - A View - Part I

Jan 26, 1997 10:25 AM
by M K Ramadoss

At 04:05 AM 1/26/97 -0500, Tom Robertson wrote:
>M K Ramadoss wrote:
>
>>        The following excerpt from Ernest Wood's (very rare book) "Is This
>>Theosophy?", may be of interest to some of the students of this subject.
>
>>the system of master and pupil was injurious
>
>Did he mean always, or that the TS had taken it too far?  This is the same
>Krishnamurti who said, in criticizing "beliefs" in the same way that he
>criticized gurus, that "karma is an invention of man's mind."  In avoiding
>one extreme, he went to the other.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<< rest clipped >>>>>>>>>>

Dear Tom:

1. Glad you read the post. What was in it was Wood's summary of K's position.

2. I have just posted the statement K made when he disbanded the Order of
the Star in which he made the famous "Truth is a pathless land" statement.
He stuck to his statement till he died in 1986. This statement shook the TS
membership to its roots and is still shaking.

3. For anyone interested in K's philosophy/teaching/thinking, there is a
mailing list listening-l where intense discussion is going on all the
various issues relating to K's stand. It is unmoderated just like theos-xxxx
and can be subscribed to by sending a msg to listserv@zrz.tu-berlin.de with
a msg in the body

        subscribe LISTENING-L  your name

..MKR