Present vs Future

Jan 25, 1997 12:01 PM
by Jerry Schueler

E. Wood (posted by Doss):
>To hold a theory that we must work for the development or accumulation or
acquisition >of opportunities or powers to be attained at some future time
was simply to
>spoil the living present.

This statement is exactly what I have been trying to say here on theos-l
since it began.  I do not have Wood's book, nor have I ever before seen
this quote, but thanks Doss, for showing me that I am not alone in my
heretical views.  The idea expressed here is that we should all be
working for this life and not worrying about any future lives.  If this
life
is lived well, our future life will take care of itself.

Jerry S.
Member, TI