Our Shifting Identity

Jan 22, 1997 03:01 PM
by Jerry Schueler

>Are not all of us part of that "something in existence that is eternal
>and changeless"? Indeed are we not ourselves changeless, in Truth?
>Should we be "comforted" by our own illusions?

Good question.  The whole problem of our sense of identity lies
at the answer here.  But, because our sense of identity shifts
like a slippery eel or the notes of a scale at times, we can stop
at any point we want to and say--this is the real me!  Its only
after yet another shift that we learn otherwise.  The ultimate
question then becomes, where will all of this shifting stop?

Jerry S.
Member, TI