intuition & thinking

Jan 22, 1997 06:51 PM
by liesel f. deutsch

> the Chiefs want a
>Brotherhood of Humanity and but not a school of Psychology (I am quoting
>from memory).
>
>        Self improvment and study of the matters relating to the unseen side
>of the world was ok, IMHO, but when it was *not* pursued with the primary
>objective/application in the area of improving the conditions of Humanity,
>the dynamism that existed in the early days disappeared. So long as the
>thrust/emphasis continues to be (as it appears to me) a recruiting and
>training ground for a future sixth root race in 700 years from now and
>totally neglecting what can be done today, it appears to me to be a selfish
>endeavor and in such a condition how can one expect the dynamism and growth
>that was there is the early days.

If we're trying to improve the condition of humanity, what is wrong with the
study of Psychology or ESP? Psych studies important aspects of human beings,
among them how we think and how we feel. I think a study of psych engages
both intelligence and intuition, so does studying ESP. I also think it's as
selfish as many other things we do. By studying ourselves, we also find out
how others tick. A psychologist needs to be vey aware, astute, inventive,
and well read. I think that makes for a dynamic person, and not for a stodgy
bore.

Liesel