Re: Truth and/or Consequences

Jan 22, 1997 07:33 AM
by Ann E. Bermingham

> Richard writes:
>
> >For the record, I can perhaps relate to a little of what might have prompted
> >you to make the statement.  As a long-time high school teacher, I have been
> >amazed by the type of boys that many of even my best TAG girls sometimes
> >gravitate toward--regular Neanderthals and criminals in some cases.  If I
> >were forced to make a "theosophical" statement about this it would be along
> >these lines:  "Many younger women often seem fascinated by and may be drawn
> >toward young men who seemingly have greater power than they have--power of
> >either a physically or psychologically dominant nature."

Why does this post remind me of the Broadway show/movie "Grease"?  Or how
about Marlon Brando in one of his earlier movies, running around on a motorcyle and
eyeing
a sweet young high school girl in a small town?

I'm old enough to remember guys with greeeeasy ducktail haircuts (yes, the back of their
head looked like the rear end of a duck) who always carried a comb in their pockets.
And this was 7th grade!

When we're at that age we're all dazzled by the images given to us.
Then we grow up and get smarter and aren't so likely to date Danny Zuko, but go
for the computer nerd, because the nerd (Bill Gates) is going to make a pile more
cash and be a lot more stable than old greeeesy Danny.

-AEB