CD-ROM

Jan 21, 1997 09:36 PM
by M K Ramadoss

Hi

I was looking at the production cost of cd-rom for a friend of mine and was
astounded how low it is.

For example if 1,000 copies are made, the per copy cost of duplication is
$1.60 each and for 2,500 copies it is only $1.37. This cost includes all
production costs including the jewel case.

If all the Theosophical Classics are converted to a cd-rom then we do not
need to buy an of the classic works. Since copyright to most of the works
have expired, conversion to cd-rom is going to happen and it is only a
question of when.

Just thought I should share where the industry is going.

MKR