Re: THEOS-L digest 841

Jan 21, 1997 11:46 PM
by Benjamin Mark Pybus

Jerry,
First of all, thank you for your reference to the The New Emperor's mind, it
is/was superb. In fact, since one of my recent querries was whether a
computer had consciousness it had a two fold benefit! Q. If a computer has
an etheric field, has it consciousness on the human level or only on a
mineral kingdom level?
That aside however:

>Nothing physical has Truth

Has truth or Is Truth? Does a mirror not have an image and if it does, is
not its image part of the object it is reflecting? Is Truth necessarily
connected with what is "real" or is what is both "real" or maya simply the
Whole, which Is Truth? What also of "virtual images" - to use a physics term
in optics? Are we a virtual image? If so, is that why we can become both
self conscious and god-conscious?

> This sounds good to most of us, and we are conforted
>by thinking that there is something in existence that is eternal
>and changeless.  However, I suspect that unchanging truth
>doesn't really exist except for possibly a manvantara.  But
>the truth of one manvantara may not be the truth in another.
>Perhaps we can say that the only real eternal truth is
>change itself?  My own feeling is that the only real Truth
>to this or any other manvantaric existence is the divine
>Monad and its inherent ability to express itself, and this
>is impossible to describe in words and is quite beyond all
>logic to explain.

Are not all of us part of that "something in existence that is eternal and
changeless"? Indeed are we not ourselves changeless, in Truth? Should we be
"comforted" by our own illusions? IMHO Bliss consciousness probably does not
have these rather pleasant crutches. Bliss/Truth can only be established
through pain. Pain doesn't, of itself,imply change but on the
physical/emotion/mental levels it means disintegration of present and
previous thoughts which necessarily requires change.

In reference to the manvantaras, perhaps Truth is dynamic in nature, but how
can one know.I wonder whether the seven Truths as described in the Bible as
the "seven seals" would be true only for this manvantara, or whether such a
book is "timeless".

Ben