Truth

Jan 20, 1997 05:52 PM
by Jerry Schueler

Doss:
>Once you start with a falsehood (interesting or not), then it will lead
>to further falsehoods since there will be holes in the falsehood and so
>there will be a chain of falsehoods....etc

Doss, your arguement is right insofar as mundane logic is concerned,
but I think Chuck is on another level.  In a sense, every truth
has the kernel within it of a falsehoos, and vice versa.  This
comes from the yin-yang, of course, which demonstrates that every
side of a duality contains within it the seed of its opposite.

>A truth is simple and does not change and no burden on the memory and
>does not need much of a mental effort.

	This sounds good to most of us, and we are conforted
by thinking that there is something in existence that is eternal
and changeless.  However, I suspect that unchanging truth
doesn't really exist except for possibly a manvantara.  But
the truth of one manvantara may not be the truth in another.
Perhaps we can say that the only real eternal truth is
change itself?  My own feeling is that the only real Truth
to this or any other manvantaric existence is the divine
Monad and its inherent ability to express itself, and this
is impossible to describe in words and is quite beyond all
logic to explain.

Jerry S.
Member, TI