Re: THEOS-L digest 838

Jan 19, 1997 04:50 PM
by Lmhem111

<< Jerry Hejka-Ekins wrote:

 > More basic to all of this is the argument I have raised over and
 > over again: the TS is only superficially a democratic
 > organization.  Ordinary members might occasionally get elected to
 > one or another office, but the control of the TS is with a tight
 > group and the ES is over that. >>

I agree. This appears to be the case in the Canadian situation, at least
according to what I have read in THE CANADIAN THEOSOPHIST. The ES attempted
to exert control over the agenda in the Section, creating an adversarial
relationship between it and the non-ES membership resulting in irreconcilable
differences. The ES won with an "excommunication" from a sympathetic Adyar.
Over the years, the ES has taken on the form of a "shadow government" much
like the so-called "Majestic 12" in UFO lore.

Namaste
LunarPitri