Re: Dogmatism

Jan 17, 1997 05:08 PM
by Ann E. Bermingham

----------
> From: John Straughn <JTarn@envirolink.org>
>
> Ann E. Bermingham writes:
> >> From: Tom Robertson <mdmgyn@worldnet.att.net>
> >> This is analogous to why I have the exact opposite opinion of why the TS is
> >> in decline from those who think it has suppressed the truth too much.  Up
> >> to a certain level of development, fixed rules are better than an
> >> open-minded intuitive approach, just as, for an individual with a broken
> >> leg, crutches are better than trying to walk without them.  Without going
> >> through the dogmatic stage, the intuitive stage could not be reached.  The
> >> TS should be more like a cult.
>
> >Actually, I believe John Straughn is moving towards this realization and
> >will beginrecruiting members for his cult in the next 24 hours.  It will be
> >called theTHeosophical Carrot Cult.  TCC, a natural with vegetarians around
> >the globe,will also have the added advantage of being affiliated with the
> >Church ofthe Subgenius, rather than the LCC, and take all those who truly
> >worship"Bob" on the saucer trip in 1998.
> >
> >Boiling will be optional, but for those who decide to take this
> >rigorous course, enlightenment is guaranteed.  The butter ceremony
> >will commence immediately after scraping and boiling.
> >
> >-AEB
>
> "For us its harvest time my friends, but for them, ...its the holocaust.  It's
> the CRY OF THE CARROTS!!!"
>                      published by "Tool" written by (Doh!) the cannibal guy.
>
> Anyhow, Ann, you are only partly correct.  Did you get my entire message
> regarding "PI in the SKI" and the hairless purple bunnies?  I only recieved
> the header of the post.  I was hoping that did not go for everyone.  That
> information could be very useful at a future date.
> ---
> The Triaist

Here it is, for those that wish to KNOW:

John sez:
And I'm not going to be a nice guy and say "IMO" because I've recently been
threatened by a severe boiling and I'm not happy about it.  I've spoken to my
divine allies, the hairless purple bunnies, who are now awaiting the arrival
of Hale-Bopp, (which they refer to as "Hail Bob" due to an incorrect divine
message sent by, guess who?  none other than hermes).  And because of this
they are very pre-occupied with their goal to reach nirvana through "Bob".
Anyhow, they were very unhappy with the fact that I interrupted them and have
asked me to kindly pass this message onto everyone I come in contact with.

BTW, I found out about Hale-Bopp by accident when I visited Whitley
Streiber's page.  Are the purple bunnies related to the Energizer Bunny?

-AEB