Re: JHE Book Requests

Jan 16, 1997 02:03 PM
by RIhle

<< JHE
 Anyone else with book requests?  >>

Yes.  (I would send this privately if I had the specific name or author of
the first.)

Many decades ago, I stumbled across a certain book on "esoteric studies" or
"developmental techniques."  The two things I remember which may help
identify and track it down are these:

1)  The author firmly maintains that the principal mistake meditators make is
not continuing to try to ~actually see~ the ajna chakra in a normal,
visual-sight way (albeit with the eyes closed).  In other words, he says that
meditators too often merely hold their attention at that point and let
themselves drift into an effortless "pictorial consciousness."

2)  The book prominently features a drawing of a walking man.  The author
asserts that if this is properly understood, it "provides the key to all
advanced adept abilities."

Not very much to go on, I'm afraid.  However, I would appreciate leads from
anyone on this.

There is more hope for my second selection:  Jerry, do you have any copies of
THE TALKING IMAGE OF URUR by Franz Harmann?

Thanks and Godspeed,

Richard Ihle