Re: Compassion

Jan 13, 1997 11:44 PM
by Tom Robertson

On Tue, 14 Jan 97, Jerry Schueler wrote:

>Tom:
>" Women _are_ more compassionate and cooperative than men."
>
>So who is stopping you from being more compassionate?

I fail to see the relevance of this to what I said.

>What does this one-sided statement say about Jesus and Buddha?

How is my statement one-sided?

>Anyway, Tom, your sexist remark does not jive with my experience.

I don't see how our impressions being different makes my statement sexist
and yours not.  What is your definition of sexism?  Is it any belief that
women and men are not identical in every way?  If I said that men are
physically stronger than women, would you also consider that to be a sexist
remark?  What if I said that men commit more violent crimes than women do?
Is it any generalization made about men and women that you disagree with?
Or is it any generalization made about men and women, regardless of whether
or not you agree with it?