Re: Private matters?

Jan 13, 1997 09:15 PM
by Drpsionic

Ann,
I'm not surprised.  Some years ago, long before Elizabeth came so we can't
blame her, there was a major purgation of books in the Olcott Library to make
sure everything there fit the idea of theosophical purity.  Of course no one
said it like that, but that's basically what happened, and, as Candles in the
Sun and Is This Theosophy committed the cardinal sin of actually telling the
truth about some of the nutcases in the TS during the Besant-Leadbeater
period, they sort of disappeared-- I think into the fireplace one winter
night.

Chuck the Heretic

"There is no religion higher than truth though what truth has to do with the
Theosophical Society is beyond me." Groucho Marx

"Beep Beep."  Harpo Marx