Re: The War between the Bostons

Jan 12, 1997 02:00 AM
by m.k. ramadoss

Dear JRC:

When all the events surrounding Bing took place, he was in San Antonio
where I live.

Some how I missed the letter from Algeo you referred to in your post.  If
you or someone can locate it and post it here then everyone can look at
it from today's perspective and evaluate it.

At that time I was not fully aware of the background and thought the
byelaw change was good and only later found out it was not done with some
altruistic motives.

Recently a member from out of state was visiting and I met with her and
during the meeting, the issue of Bing came up. She was still very upset
with what happened to Bing and it was when I realized there are quite a
number of members who have not forgotten about it. Certainly a new member
is never going to find out about it until such time another similar issue
shows up when the past historical background is again brought into focus.

MKR