Re: the Boston Lodge (Regarding hardline arguments)

Jan 11, 1997 08:02 PM
by M K Ramadoss

At 10:23 PM 1/11/97 -0500, you wrote:
>On Sat, 11 Jan 1997, M K Ramadoss wrote:
>>
>>               "Trust but Verify".
>>
>> In money and property matters, this is the most satisfactory way to get the
>> air cleared of any inaccurate information that may be floating around. Until
>> such time more light is shone on the issue and everybody sees the whole
>> picture and understand why a certain action was taken or why a certain
>> action was not taken, the issue is not easily going to go away. With more
>> subscribers getting on theos-l, more of them would be wondering what is the
>> real story.
>>
>> Any supporters and cheerers are welcome to join me on the above point of
view!!!

>Yes, yes, a thousand times yes. It is not only on this list, but in
>various TS circles that - despite complete silence from Wheaton - word of
>the Boston Lodge situation is spreading. And despite the use of several
>different approaches, requests for full information from Headquarters have
>been met with silence. There are a number of different people, I think,
>that are simply *not* going to let this thing be forgotten.
>							Regards, -JRC

        Very few really understand the power of communication media. First
came the inexpensive fax machines which were used to communicate to people
behind Iron Curtain and then in China. We saw what live television has done
to bring graphic going ons around the world to our living rooms. It has
spurred action and stopped further atrocities around the world. All the
dirty and cruel things that used to be done in the name of country,
patriotism, religion, spiritual quest etc. and people kept in the dark, is
no more so. The power potential of Internet is enormous and very few can
forsee its usefulness and also its potential to ultimately do good.

        I had a very recent interesting experience. I ran into an individual
in cyberspace and when conversing I causally asked some questions about the
place where the person lived and there came a mention of a name that was
well known in that area.

        Then I asked if this person was aware of certain incident in the
life of this person which in *not* well known in that area and was kept at
the lowest key.

        The answer was no. This happened to be in spite of the fact that
this cyberfriend happened to be a close friend of the grown up child of this
well known person. I am sure this cyber friend is going to ask the child
about the incident and the parent is going to have a surprise and would be
wondering what is going on in cyberspace. This particular instance has
nothing to do with someone's personal life. I treat others personal matters
as private as I wish tp treat mine. This incident was a very public matter.
That was why I brought it up.

        So information on cyberspace is travelling fast and wide and
immediate and with unpredictable results.

        Long live Internet!!!

MKR