Re: the Boston Lodge (Regarding hardline arguments)

Jan 11, 1997 12:28 PM
by M K Ramadoss

At 10:55 PM 1/10/97 -0500, Eldon wrote:
>At 10:17 PM 1/10/97 -0500, you wrote:
>>On Sat, 11 Jan 97, "Dr. A.M.Bain" <guru@nellie2.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>>>In message <Pine.OSF.3.95.970109195629.17687B-100000@selway.umt.edu>,
>>>JRC <jrcecon@selway.umt.edu> writes
>>>
>>>APPLAUSE AND APPROBATION!!!
>>>
>>>Alan
>>
>>I infer from this that Alan approves of both invective as a means to
>>establish universal brotherhood and of the mountain of evidence that JRC
>>has presented that the TS sued the Boston Lodge because they could not bear
>>the thought of their studying Alice Bailey.  Or was Alan being facetious?
>>

>I have a few comments from the sidelines. Since I don't have my
>armor on, I'll have to duck, after saying these few words.
>
>-- Eldon Tucker
>
>----
>

>What I've noticed over several years is that JRC responds with personal
>criticisms to people that hold strong viewpoints that he disagrees with.
>Bee Brown once posted the idea that she heard from Joy Mills about how
>people visiting theosophical groups were either tourists or pilgrims,
>and JRC let her have it. I've faced all sorts of personal charges because
>of views I've expressed. And I could look over the archives and find
>the names of others. JRC is cheered on by people that agree with him.

        Let me jump in and add my 2 cents worth. JRC at various times has
expressed very clearly and succintly ideas and suggestions that some on
theos-l agreed. In such a situation, there are two choices. One is to lurk
and be silent. Another is post a message of support, which only confirms
that he is not alone in his views on a particular topic. It can be seen any
way one wants. Either as an additional corroboration or cheering depending
on how one views it.

        Any ideas or actions, if they are inherently correct and/or right,
can withstand any amount of critique or criticism. It is very easy to accept
and go along with. It is more difficult and to stand alone (not isolated)
and be a critique. One of the great qualities of great individuals appears
to be the capacity to handle criticisms and critique. Such great
individuals, when they find out they were wrong on anything, they have the
courage to come out and openly accept their error or mistake. This makes it
easy to go further.

        These are just my thoughts. Your mileage and direction will vary.

MKR