Re: The Boston Lodge

Jan 11, 1997 11:53 AM
by M K Ramadoss

At 01:15 PM 1/11/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Tom Robertson wrote:
>
>> I am not about to read 336 lines of your personal vendetta.  I just wanted
>> to see how you responded to my business offer.  First you say that the TS
>> spent half a million dollars suing the Boston Lodge because discussing
>> Alice Bailey was forbidden.  Then, in demonstrating the connection between
>> the lawsuit and their discussing Alice Bailey, all you say is that they
>> discussed Alice Bailey and were sued over a property dispute.
>
>	It had to happen someday; I agree with you.
>
>	At the New York Lodge, there is no problem with discussion of other
>Theosophical movements, or even their presentation on our public program
>(we used to have ULT people speaking here on a regular basis, for
>example; it was the ULT, not us, who stopped doing it). We have among
>our membership a man who has been with an Alice Bailey group for 20
>years (and still is), who has given presentations to the members.
>
>	Certainly, a lot of people in the TSA would be upset of a TSA Lodge or
>study group dedicated itself to become effectively a member of a
>different theosophical organization (and might consider revoking the
>charter if they forbade discussion of the material, like at least one
>theosophical organization does), but I know of a number of Lodges and
>study groups who concentrate on Bailey or Steiner or Judge without any
>problems.
>
>	Bart Lidofsky

Glad to see the feedback on what is going on in Lodges around this country.

As far as the cancellation of charters in Canada and Denmark etc. no one who
has first hand access to the information has come forth and explained why
the charter was cancelled. Cancellation of a National Section Charter is not
a simple or easy decision at the highest level, especially at a time the
membership world wide is perhaps at its lowest and perhaps shrinking. So
there should be some valid and strong reasons. The questions is what is
preventing anyone who knows full facts to come out with details.

Again why the secrecy? What or who is/are being protected?

MKR