Cliques and enclosures

Jan 11, 1997 10:19 AM
by Titus Roth

I haven't really followed the Boston Lodge controversy and so won't comment on
it. I am not really a member of the TS anyway. But it does remind me of a very
interesting faculty of human beings: enclosure making.

Enclosures appear in nations, families, organizations and in an
individual. They enable a particularizing identity to form and also enable a
person, family or organization to hear their own creations reflected back to
them. An enclosure can become a sacred space or a tomb. A protective enclosure
keeps out thoughts or influences which are harmful, but negative enclosures
become festering wounds.

In an organization, negative enclosures become cliques. In the beginning,
everyone in a clique agrees with one another. In the end, no one agrees with
anyone and it ruptures.

I found M K Ramadoss's quote of Master KH very interesting: "Misleading
secrecy has given the death blow to numerous organizations."

This happened in my former spiritual home - despite the late founder's
warnings. Public shaming and the use of offices for self-aggrandizement grew
to insane proportions. The amazing thing was that there were very intelligent
people who became perverted. It was a great education for me, but the
unfortunate result was that we became a spiritually lifeless shell. The shell
persists to this day, but I just couldn't stay.