Re: The Boston Lodge

Jan 11, 1997 10:07 AM
by Bart Lidofsky

Tom Robertson wrote:

> I am not about to read 336 lines of your personal vendetta.  I just wanted
> to see how you responded to my business offer.  First you say that the TS
> spent half a million dollars suing the Boston Lodge because discussing
> Alice Bailey was forbidden.  Then, in demonstrating the connection between
> the lawsuit and their discussing Alice Bailey, all you say is that they
> discussed Alice Bailey and were sued over a property dispute.

	It had to happen someday; I agree with you.

	At the New York Lodge, there is no problem with discussion of other
Theosophical movements, or even their presentation on our public program
(we used to have ULT people speaking here on a regular basis, for
example; it was the ULT, not us, who stopped doing it). We have among
our membership a man who has been with an Alice Bailey group for 20
years (and still is), who has given presentations to the members.

	Certainly, a lot of people in the TSA would be upset of a TSA Lodge or
study group dedicated itself to become effectively a member of a
different theosophical organization (and might consider revoking the
charter if they forbade discussion of the material, like at least one
theosophical organization does), but I know of a number of Lodges and
study groups who concentrate on Bailey or Steiner or Judge without any
problems.

	Bart Lidofsky