Post-Christian era?

Jan 10, 1997 09:02 AM
by Thoa Tran

Ann:
>Many spiritual organizations in the world have so long
>operated on a patriarchical mode that they can't see what's
>up ahead and that equality, as well as the rise of the
>feminine spirit, is the future.

That's right.  I think it's about time that we change from the patriarchal
mode of hierarchy and power to the feminine mode of community and cooperation.

>For women who wish to serve,
>but not become servile to a male governing body, they may
>have a harder time searching for an appropriate group in
>which to function.  They may very well start their own groups.

I would not join a group just because it is headed by a woman, or women
exclusive groups.  From what I heard, even those groups become afflicted
with such things as some head wanting power and control over others.
However, I would join a group dedicated to completing one specific activity
without needing to spout philosophies or join a group dedicated to sharing
philosophies or spirituality in the spirit of community.  Of course,
community is considered a feminine term.  The key is feminine spirit and not
feminist group.  Basically, I prefer a group dedicated to ALL (women, men,
animals, plants, earth, extraterrestrial) life, that works together in a
spirit of cooperation and community.  Even if that group is coordinated by a
man, if he leads it in a spirit of respect to that, then I would not mind
joining that group.

TTT