Re: Personal survival

Jan 09, 1997 12:15 PM
by Drpsionic

The only real problem with the spiritualist conception is that the Summerland
is so damnably dull.  I mean sitting around for eternity drinking mint julips
and playing croquet just doesn't do a lot for me.

Now blasting thoughtforms in the lower astral and then going on to Valhalla,
that is more like it!

But seriously, the real problem we have is that there is no way to truly
verify any of the ideas about the post death experience so we are all going
to have to find out the way everyone else has, by on-the-job training.  I
just hope the Vikings got it right and the Christians had it wrong.

On the other hand, the Paradise of Islam doesn't sound too bad, what with the
houries and all (which of the blessings of Allah would you deny?).  I may put
on a burnouse and sneak in, if I can remember any of my Arabic.

Chuck the Heretic