Re: NZ Convention

Jan 08, 1997 08:07 PM
by M K Ramadoss

Bee Brown wrote:

> Hi all,
> I suppose some of you may be wondering what happened to us. For some
> strange reason I got unsubscribed around New Year and didn't find out
> until it was too late to do anything about it. How that happened just
> at that time is a mystery to me. I have just re subscribed again so I
> have missed a few days but I was too busy to read anyway.
> Everyone had a great time and there were about 12 at the Internet
> W/shop and we had a cruise around the Theosophy sites and discussed
> the merits of e-mail.
> I can now confirm that I am also moving to Auckland to begin work in
> the office at the Theosophical HQ and my knowledge of the Internet
> will come in very handy. You may notice that I have a new address
> which is from the netforward site and it will mean that I can change
> server as often as I like but as long as I change the pobox
> accordingly, no disruption will occur.
> I am sorry that we did not get a discussion going, as we were playing
> in the Internet during tea breaks and before and after lectures.
> We were fortunate to have Dr Ravi Ravindra as guest speaker and he
> gave 2 excellent talks and joined in the activities over the 4 days of
> the Convention. He is a very nice and gentle man.
> It was the NZ Section's 100th Convention and also Wanganui's Centenary
> so we had a large cake, decorated appropriately. Also a bit of free
> publicity in the local paper. Right now I am tired but not for long as
> the packing starts next week, something that I am not too fond off.
> Happy New Year from Down Under, belatedly.
> Bee Brown
> Member Theosophy NZ, T.I.
> Life is not a problem to be solved;
> it is a mystery to be lived.

I wish I had known Ravi Ravindra is going to be the speaker. He had a
fascinating experience of meeting K and not knowing who he was. Later
when he was doing his PhD thesis, he setup an appointment with great
difficulty and trouble and when he was ushered into a room to meet K, he
was stunned to find out it was the same person he ran into in New Delhi
and did not recognize. It was a very great lesson in humility and the
low key life style that great people adopt. I wish he was asked and had
told the story in his own words and it would have been fascinating as
well as would have highlighted the need to be humble and low key.

MKR