Re: Christmas Eve communion

Jan 08, 1997 06:22 PM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

In message <199701082015.PAA14255@leo.vsla.edu>, "K. Paul Johnson"
<pjohnson@leo.vsla.edu> writes
>And then, in this service in the old
>home town church I'd shunned for most of my life, I *got it* in
>a way that had eluded me before.  Partly it may have been the
>minister's eloquence, but mostly my own attitude had changed.
>What became so abundantly clear is that this experience was
>really not at all about some dogma concerning the death of
>Jesus and its effects on our own route to heaven.  It was
>quite transparently a joyous celebration of the universal
>siblinghood of humanity as reflected in that microcosm.

As a very EX-bishop, I follow your thought very well.  Deep study of
relgion and theology led me to dump Jesus and the HE-God.
Experimentation showed, however, that the communion, if properly done,
works very well without them ...

[...who's this guy with the pitchfork? Why is he on fire?  What does he
want with me .... DON'T PANIC .... there's always another life ....
"Hey, fireball! Who are you calling a sucker? Huh? HUH?]

Enter men in white coats, stage left.

Alan
---------
THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL: Ancient Wisdom for a New Age:
http://www.nellie2.demon.co.uk/
E-mail: TINT@nellie2.demon.co.uk