re: Belated responses

Jan 08, 1997 05:07 PM
by Jerry Hejka-Ekins

KPJ
>At the risk of confirming JHE's judgment
>that I only post about that topic, I have a few comments.

JHE
If there is anything I hate it is being misquoted.  The phrase I
used was "overwhelming majority."  Please check your archives.

While we are on the subject of mis-quoting, I saw Coker last week
while visiting the Pasadena folk.  Coker flat out denied that he
told you that I told Brett not to read your book.  That is strike
three for you.

KPJ
>I find it interesting that Daniel Caldwell denies that he is
>motivated by a rigid belief system in his attacks on my work.
>This theme is a significant part of my reply to his "House of
>Cards" which has been completed weeks ago but awaits a techie
>to help Dr. Lane upload it onto his website.  That rigid belief
>system is quite apparent in his writings, although I accept his
>statement as evidence that he is not aware of his own dogmatism.

JHE
"That rigid belief system" wasn't apparent to me either.  What is
Caldwell's "rigid belief system"?  More importantly, how does
this supposed belief system invalidate his criticism of your
book?  Is it a new rule that only people who have no beliefs or
opinions of their own may criticise your research?  Paul, your
argument here appears to be ad hominem to me.  May I suggest
that the people who don't agree with the thesis in your book are
no better or worse than the people who do agree with your thesis.

   |Jerry Hejka-Ekins,                      |
      |Member TI, TSA, TSP, ULT                |
         |Please reply to: jhe@toto.csustan.edu   |
            |and CC to jhejkaekins@igc.apc.org       |