Credit where credit is due

Jan 06, 1997 04:44 AM
by Mark Kusek

Liesel wrote:

>I think we have ideals, and then I think there's the every day where we're
>at. I was very far from a lot of my ideals when I was younger, but I find
>that when you try to acquire a certain quality you often do acquire at
>least part of it over the years. So I wouldn't just look at each other's
>feet of clay, nor at your own, but also at what you've achieved in your
>relationships.

That was my whole point. To try and pay attention to your relationships
right at home and in your immediate circles. To nurture love and
character qualities there, as far as possible, rather than in some "pie
in the sky" notion of a "spirituality" that keeps you from getting
dirty, ever having to take any emotional risks or expend any real
effort.

In one lifetime, unless you're a public figure or somebody like that,
the number of people you'll actually have any relationship with is
relatively small. Love's opportunity stares us straight in the face and
usually calls us by name.

Mark

"If you want to swim, you've got to get in the water."
--------
WITHOUT WALLS: An Internet Art Space
http://www.withoutwalls.com
E-mail: mark@withoutwalls.com