Relationships

Jan 02, 1997 05:02 PM
by Mark Kusek

Tom wrote:

>Just as wisdom may be said to exist within oneself, but its discovery is
>aided by contact with others, so might masculinity and femininity be said
>to exist within each individual, but their balanced development is aided by
>relationships.

Profound agreement.

Tom, that's a wonderful and very poignant observation.
At least in this life, it sure seems to me that it's all about
relationships.
They are all just forms of love. We serve best when we serve one
another.

This pertains to everyone not just spiritual seekers.

I can't tell you how many times I've met someone who was on the
"spiritual path" and after getting to know them a while and hearing them
spout all this great book philosophy find myself wanting to say "yeah,
that's really great, but how are your relationships? Everything OK at
home? Are you healthy? Are the finances in order?
How's the anger management? The desire management?"

Many of them have had personal lifes that were just in shambles (myself
included).

I may not always say it, but it quickly becomes obvious when things
aren't so great.
It usually boils down to an inability to see or find the heart of love
in the relationship, whether it is with another person or within
yourself and your own affairs.

I keep trying to tell myself, "If this stuff is true for one it's true
for all of us"
Slowly, little by little, I begin to see my neighbor as myself.

Mark
--------
WITHOUT WALLS: An Internet Art Space
http://www.withoutwalls.com