Re: Paul's House of Cards

Dec 23, 1996 07:57 PM
by M K Ramadoss

JRC wrote:

> On Mon, 23 Dec 1996, Jerry Schueler wrote:
> >
> > Richard, thanks for the excellent posting.  I have to suspect
> > that the real reason TS fundmentalists hate Paul's thesis so
> > much is his idea that HPB deliberately fibbed about the Masters.
> > If this is accepted, then perhaps she fibbed elsewhere as well,
> > opening a Pandora's Box.  Gee, then we would all have to ferret
> > out the truths from the fibs ourselves, which is a lot harder
> > than taking it all on faith.
>         Ahhhh ... yes, but its even more than this ... the TS is not only
> presenting the stuff as "truth" - it is *imposing its study* - to form a
> study section or Lodge, I believe people are now actually required to not
> only study particular sorts of things, but pass some sort of test on it.
> It would be pretty damn touchy to go around imposing a dogma if there were
> actually some question about its truth. A good deal of institutional
> resources, as well as the foundations for the control-fetish currently
> ruling HQ, are grounded in the belief that the early TS source works are
> the equivilent of received wisdom - certainly not open to question and
> *most* certainly not to the sort of uncomfortable questions KPJ's book
> raises.
>                                                                 -JRC

   The study centers and lodges are put on *probation* and are watched
to see if their activities conform to *Theosophy* as interpreted by
whoever sits in judgment over what Theosophy is or is not. Once the
probationary period is over, only then the lodges/study centers are
given a permanent status. This is my understanding. If there is someone
who is more knowledgeable, please post a msg here. Don't send me a
private e-mail. (Some time ago when I posted a msg here, there was
someone who sent a private message and I wanted to get permission to
post it here since the message I received was private, but was not
acceeded to.) I like open discussion and if I am wrong, I will be the
first one to admit it.

   What a change over a period of a century. When Olcott visited a city
in India where I used to live, during his visit he chartered not one but
two lodges in one single day in two parts of the city. These lodges were
not in any way or form put under *probation* neither by Olcott nor by
HPB, nor my the Real Founders.

   I wonder if the present policy was adopted by Olcott when he went on
establishing lodges around the world over a hundred years ago, how many
countries would have lodges today.

   All these things coupled with the way in which the bylaws of TSA were
changed, makes one wonder. (Any one new to theos-l and wanting to know
all about TSA bylaws change and the tactics used by those in
administration, can retrieve the numerous messages posted on theos-l at
the time the bylaw changes were made. You will not get the True Story by
listening to anyone who is on the party *line*)

   At the time Olcott tried to expand TS activities he did not have all
the multi-million dollar resources and I think that money when gets
mixed up with organization and Theosophy, yields a dangerous concoction,
both to Theosophy and TS. These are just my humble opinion. Your mileage
and direction may vary.

MKR