Re: Paul's House of Cards

Dec 23, 1996 06:29 PM
by JRC

On Mon, 23 Dec 1996, Jerry Schueler wrote:

> Richard, thanks for the excellent posting.  I have to suspect
> that the real reason TS fundmentalists hate Paul's thesis so
> much is his idea that HPB deliberately fibbed about the Masters.
> If this is accepted, then perhaps she fibbed elsewhere as well,
> opening a Pandora's Box.  Gee, then we would all have to ferret
> out the truths from the fibs ourselves, which is a lot harder
> than taking it all on faith.
	Ahhhh ... yes, but its even more than this ... the TS is not only
presenting the stuff as "truth" - it is *imposing its study* - to form a
study section or Lodge, I believe people are now actually required to not
only study particular sorts of things, but pass some sort of test on it.
It would be pretty damn touchy to go around imposing a dogma if there were
actually some question about its truth. A good deal of institutional
resources, as well as the foundations for the control-fetish currently
ruling HQ, are grounded in the belief that the early TS source works are
the equivilent of received wisdom - certainly not open to question and
*most* certainly not to the sort of uncomfortable questions KPJ's book
raises.
								-JRC