Beating for Doss

Dec 20, 1996 00:05 AM
by Thoa Tran

MKR:
>Beating my own drums (which I normally don't like - I like others beating
>my drums - it makes life easier):

I am beating, Doss, with a heroic rhythm.  I think it's great that you are
letting us know what you are doing.  It inspires the rest of us to do what
we can, and contribute our 2 cents.  To put an energy to doing some good,
along with your personal life and your professional life, requires great
sacrifices.  I've been spread thin with all the obligations I've had.  It
is only now that I'm able to sit back and sigh about my soul.  When I was
reading about the cosmos, I'm wondering what has that got to do with
helping me be strong and  compassionate in my dealings with life.  I get
more inspiration from my readings about Mahatma Gandhi, Mother Teresa, and
others who have made their sacrifices.  Most of the time, I'm conflicted
about how much I should devote to myself and how much I should devote to
outside activities.  If one cannot make oneself strong, one cannot be
strong for others.  Also, heroism can be as simple as being a kindly
influence to everyone one meets.  Then again, now and then, one can do more
than what one usually does.

TTT S=o)