Karma and the cosmos

Dec 19, 1996 06:37 PM
by liesel f. deutsch

Someone talked about the significance of the letter M. Well, let me tell you
what the letter M means to me. When I went to school, I used to put a letter
M on my friends' or my own forehead for good luck. This is how M means good
luck.
There's a French word merde, which means, well, I'll say manure. When you
walk around the streets of Paris, at least in the days when I walked around
there, there was a lot of dog manure on the narrow sidewalks. And I suppose
rather than get angry at stepping in it, people used to say that it was good
luck. So merde, which means "S---" means good luck.

Liesel