Re: TS Corruption

Dec 18, 1996 07:50 PM
by Bart Lidofsky

Jerry Hejka-Ekins wrote:

> BL
> >Either John Sellon is still alive or my wife had lunch with a
> >corpse a couple of weeks ago (and a still very sharp corpse, at
> >that). Michael Sellon never lost his interest in the Society,
> >and Peter Sellon is getting more involved.
>
> JHE
> I'm glad to hear that John is in good health and the kids are
> still involved.  Actually it was Emily who I had in mind as being
> deceased--or did I only imagine reading that obituary?

	Emily is definitely and unfortunately deceased; she is the one who
brought my wife and myself into active membership in the Theosophical
Society. 3 days before her death I had a 40 minute conversation with her
on setting up the computer network at the New York Lodge.

> BL
> >In my opinion, the ES should be exactly what it was supposed to
> >be in the first place, according to the person writing as K.H.
> >(who may have actually been K.H.): A special section of the TS
> >for people who wanted to live exclusively by the tenets of the
> >Mahatmas, as opposed to people who wished to reach the Truth
> >through their own religion (as everybody must do, according to
> >the same letter).
>
> JHE
> Which letter are you quoting Bart?  Do you believe that the ES is
> "exactly what it is supposed to be in the first place"?  If not,
> how is it different?

	Sigh. At 10:51 PM on a Wednesday, I don't have time to look it up;
check out Kingsford, Anna in the index, and you'll find it, and a lot of
other interesting stuff as well.

	Bart Lidofsky