Re: THEOS-L digest 766

Dec 17, 1996 10:32 PM
by Lmhem111

A further clarification between Left and Right:

The Left espouses a totalitarian, ideological one-party state, the conformity
of the
the mass media, the glorification of the majority and an elitism (as in the
vanguard
of the proletariat). This leads to the usual leftist utopian vision of the
ant hill.
The Right embraces freedom, as in free enterprise, private property, personal
independence, a respect for tradition and the primacy of the individual
(as versus the collective).

We evolved from a homogeneous state (mulaprakriti), working our way through
the Elemental, the Mineral, the Vegetable, Animal Kingdoms to finally achieve
individuality and self-consciousness. The Left would have us return to an
amorphous collectivism, a One World "Group Soul" type of consciousness, a
condition from which we we have striven so hard to emerge in the course of
Evolution.

LMH III