Re: Karma Theory

Dec 16, 1996 05:29 PM
by Ann E. Bermingham

----------
> From: John Straughn <JTarn@envirolink.org>
>
> This is how I believe karma was meant to be understood.  In my
understanding
> of esoteric philosophy, there is nothing that is "personal".  The
teaching was
> that your thoughts and actions affected ALL of humanity, including
yourself,
> and in order to keep bad things from happening to yourself and everyone
else
> (and everything), you were advised to do "good deeds" in order to make
"good
> ripples"  which would in turn touch others and influence their actions in
> positive manner.

I agree with you, John.  If one writes a story, one finds that the actions
of one
character always effects everyone else in the story.  Even if the writer
changes their
age or the color of their hair, it send out ripples into the whole writing
piece.

I believe that the vibes we carry around or put out also effect other
people.  So
we can be responsible for putting others into a bad mood or making their
day
a little brighter.

Just my 2 pence.

-Ann E. Bermingham