Re: The ole' ball and chain

Dec 16, 1996 05:32 AM
by Ann E. Bermingham

----------
> From: Drpsionic@aol.com
> Ann,
> Unfortunately the list can't handle even encoded graphics.  Otherwise
I've
> got some goodies.
>
> But for those who are interested, alt.binaries.pictures.erotica.bondage
has
> all sorts of nice stuff.

Thanks for the info.

> Now aside from the great joy I get in using it to annoy people what this
has
> to do with Theosophy is totally beside me, but I guess it is my fault.

Actually, I've thought that it had a great deal to do with the Path.  The
issues
of dominance/submissive are always there in guru/disciple relationships,
clerical relationships and soul/personality relationships, as well as the
traditonal
male/female ones.

But usually it is veiled behind other language.  The first person I ever
encountered who seemed to have grasped the connection of S/M to
the spiritual path is Robert Anton Wilson, in his book
Schrodinger's Cat. The next place I saw was in the works of Ann Rice.
I don't view S/M as just some bizarre state of mind, but as something that
exists
and is being acted out all the time, everywhere and even in the highest
places.  Perhaps, even on this list.  As below, so above and etc.

>  That's what I get for not being able to resist the chance to raise
eyebrows.
>  Good thing I have a machine that gives my karma to the neighbors.

The Virgo points out things that we never noticed before.

-Ann E. Bermingham