Re: THEOS-L digest 750

Dec 07, 1996 04:51 PM
by m.k. ramadoss

On Sat, 7 Dec 1996, Ann E. Bermingham wrote:

> protector and seat of power, I thought of one word - mother!
> Every man that comes into the world has to be under the watch of the
> most powerful woman in his live, his own momma.

   Well said. Have not you heard of the story that one of the most famous
and decorated soldiers in recent US history, Gen MacArthur was always
deferential to his mother close to being afraid of her.

   In the ancient Indian tradition, when one gives up everything that
ties one, money, power, name, fame irrevocably when one becomes a monk,
there is only one exception. His relationship with his mother. A monk is
not permitted to enter into anyone's house including that of which was
his own prior to his becoming a monk. But when his mother dies, he is
allowed to do the final rites to his mother. That bond or gratitude is
something that cannot be broken no matter.

MKR