Who is the True Theosophist?

Dec 06, 1996 08:04 AM
by Tom Robertson

Bart Lidofsky wrote:

>	Annie Besant wrote that all who believe in the Brotherhood of Humanity
>belong in the Theosophical Society, and those who do not believe are
>still our brothers (in a genderless sense, of course). Mr. Robertson is
>my brother, but I believe that he clearly demonstrates his disagreement
>with the 3 Objects, in any of the methods of stating them, in his
>message.

I fail to see how forming a nucleus of the universal brotherhood of
humanity, without distinction of race, creed, sex, caste, or color, means
that one must consider men and women to be identical.  I would say just the
opposite, since masculine and feminine are examples of Yin and Yang, which
are literally as different as are night and day.   As for the second and
third objects, which deal with encouraging study and investigating laws of
nature, how does seeing differences between men and women discourage that?
The motto of the Theosophical Society is not "there is no religion higher
than homogeneity."