Sexual Desire

Dec 05, 1996 02:21 PM
by Jerry Schueler

> However, the function of sex is for bringing children into the world,
>and sexual desire exists to push us to do the nasty.  Therefore, sexual
>desire is a secondary factor in nature.

Have you ever considered the possibility that "sexual desire" is
the physical manifestation of our spiritual thirst for
wholeness?  Looked at this way, it is primary, not secondary.
There is nothing wrong with sexual desire per se.  The important
thing is how we go about fulfilling that desire.  It is no
accident that samadhi and spiritual peak experiences are often
equated with orgasmic ecstasy.

Jerry S.
Member, TI