re: Is there a "universe?"

Dec 04, 1996 01:40 PM
by Jerry Hejka-Ekins

TR
>I hope to hear from someone who knows some detail
>about how HPB saw what she called the "universe."  I recently
>read "Sex, Ecology, Spirituality," by Ken Wilber, in which he
>expresses very clearly how there is nothing that is not both a
>whole and a part, the direct conclusion from which is that there
>is nothing so vast that it is not part of something more vast,
>so that there is nothing which could be called "the universe."

JHE
When HPB was referring to the physical "universe," she was using
the word in the same sense as was used by Kant.  That is, she
believed that there were numberless island universes.  Today, we
call them galaxies.

   |Jerry Hejka-Ekins,                      |
      |Member TI, TSA, TSP, ULT                |
         |Please reply to: jhe@toto.csustan.edu   |
            |and CC to jhejkaekins@igc.apc.org       |