Re: THEOS-L digest 746

Dec 04, 1996 06:46 AM
by Ann E. Bermingham

----------
> From: Art House <trankusek@earthlink.net>
> Subject: Re: A compilation on sex
>
> Patrick wrote:
>
> >Also, for those who study A. Bailey's writings, the book "A
> >Compilation on Sex" provides a thorough assessment of the issues
> >surrounding this subject.

<snip>
> >From my read, the "compilation" spoke of so many more dimensions and
> correspondences to "sex" that took it out of the merely human arena to
> the point where it becomes the cosmic "purpose" of the divine itself. No
> wonder the mystics call it "bliss!"

I've never read the compilation, but have read passages about sex in other
of the Bailey
books.  I agree that it takes sex out of just the human realm and applies
it
to wherever there is duality that need to be resolved.

> The book also stated repeatedly that the "solution to the problem of
> sex" would be ...  a while in coming (no fun intended!)

As so many things will take some time in coming.

> I have a few general questions though:
>
> What do you think the proliferation of birth control methods has done to
> stimulate our cultural attitudes towards sex and what effect do these
> attitudes have on our psyche as spiritual aspirants?

My first thoughts on the proliferation of birth control have to do with
economics and women's freedom.  As for the psyche of spiritual
aspirants, each would follow their own path according to what they
feel is right for them according to their astrological bent.

> How does the near constant presence of sexually stimulating content in
> our culture at large affect our ability to perceive ourselves and each
> other?

Near constant presence?  Where have you been surfing on the Net?:-)

Seriously, I see two routes here.  Join the crowd and enjoy it.  Or
turn off the television.

> From: "Patrick Alessandra Jr." <apriorip@earthlink.net>
>
> > What do you think the proliferation of birth control methods has done
> > stimulate our cultural attitudes towards sex and what effect do these
> > attitudes have on our psyche as spiritual aspirants?
>
>      As mentioned in the book, birth control is unnecessary and focusses
> us in the wrong direction.  The idea is that the sex impulse be used
> cyclically and transmuted to higher creativity except as needed for
> bringing children into the world.

What time frame are we talking here?  It's gets very difficult to put these
type of statements in perspective without some supportive material.  At
what
level of consciousness would humanity be for this to occur?  How many
would have taken initiation and which ones?  Would the majority of
humanity be soul-centered rather than personality centered?

I have an idea of what you're saying, but feel there is a time problem.

For example, I read some time ago that humans would no longer need to eat,
but that they would live off of prana.  What a way to save on groceries!

Just for arguments sake, if that statement was true, one would need some
time frame and supportive
evidence about the level of man's consciousness that would allow that to
occur.

-Ann E. Bermingham