Re: A perpetual one, it seems

Nov 29, 1996 07:42 PM
by RIhle

 Kym writes-->
 Brotherhood did not "start off" as a inclusive term, a cursory look at
 history will prove such.

Richard Ihle writes-->
~Cursory~ means "performed with haste and scant attention to detail."

Kym-->
Wow, are the "powers" within the TS that [enough to possibly be interested in
changing THE THREE OBJECTS] sinister?

R.I.-->
Read for yourself about "the inner side of those declared Objects," ( The
Three "AIMS") as presented by John Algeo in THE MESSENGER [Feb. 1996].

R.I.-->
 >My interest in this is theosophical.  The point I was bringing up for
 >discussion is that perhaps ~even if~ there are such differences, a shift
from
 >utilizing predominently desire-mental (kama-manas) consciousness and toward
 >more mental (manas) consciousness would make any putative gender
differences
 >largely irrelevant, anyway.

Kym-->
Implying that women (as you did in an earlier post) are predominently
desire-mental
(kama-manas)and men are predominately mental (manas) is the same as saying
 women are emotional/thinkers and men are rational/thinkers.

R.I.-->
"I guess we just see what we want to see and practice what we want to
practice, and interpret the literature in the way that suits us most."
 --Anon.

Kym-->
 Some "interpreters" of esotericism have managed to insert a skanky side into
 the literature (ex: Aryan "superiority," Monad "laggards," etc.)  With this
 and more, it is not surprising that a division of the sexes would find
 endorsement with some similiar juggling of esoteric wisdom.  I guess we just
 see what we want to see and practice what we want to practice, and interpret
 the literature in the way that suits us most. "Know a person's god, and you
 will know them."

R.I.-->
Good points, but since it was either a writing problem of mine or a reading
problem of yours which got you erroneously thinking that I was saying women
were predominently desire-mental (kama-manas) and men predominently mental
(manas), it might be wasted bloviation.

Evelyn Woods writes-->
I've got an opinion. . . . [Evelyn didn't really say this.]

Kym-->
Shut up, Evelyn, you over-refined gender-traitor!  [Kym didn't really say
this.]

Kym-->
Yo! Richard:  You claim to walk with Blavatsky, yeah, well sometimes, I think
I walk with the big shots too.

R.I.-->
You can walk with me any time, Babe.