Re: Sex vs Karma

Nov 25, 1996 07:30 AM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

In message <329912E3.58B5@sprynet.com>, Bart Lidofsky
<bartl@sprynet.com> writes
>Jerry Schueler wrote:
>
>> As for Sodom & Gomoraha, we have to remember
>> who wrote the story.
>
>       Who wrote the story? And where was it specified, if anywhere, that the
>evil in Sodom and Gommorah was sexual in nature?
>
>       Bart Lidofsky

It *could* be inferred from Genesis 19:5, where the inhabitants of Sodom
want to "know" the men who are with Lot (the guy who had a salt wife).
The Henrew word used *can* have a sexual implication, and the OT is
famous for people "knowing" each other, but there is no direct evidence
to support this meaning other than tradition - which is sometimes true,
or based on truth.  Gen 13:13 memerly says that the inhabitants of Sodom
were wicked.  Tradition has given us the word "sodomite" - the meaning
of which is clear enough.

I forgot why this mattered to anyone :-)

Anyhow, wickedness, like beauty, all too often lies in the eye of the
beholder.

Hmmmph.

Alan
---------
THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL: Ancient Wisdom for a New Age:
http://www.nellie2.demon.co.uk/
E-mail: TINT@nellie2.demon.co.uk